• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

index page width

I have edited my site so that the width is 80% and centered. The products page and menu are showing up perfectly aligned. The index page isn't though, with it being wider like something is pushing it out? Its not at 100% width, but it certainly isn't aligned to 80%. Whats causing this? It appears it is something to do with the main table in between the left and right menus. If someone could tell me where to adjust the width of the area between the two menus on the index page I would appreciate it, been trying to figure it out myself all week!

Stylesheet.css is the place to make these type of adjustments.

A good starter for 10 site on css is w3.schools.com

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I have edited my site so that the width is 80% and centered. The products page and menu are showing up perfectly aligned. The index page isn't though, with it being wider like something is pushing it out? Its not at 100% width, but it certainly isn't aligned to 80%. Whats causing this? It appears it is something to do with the main table in between the left and right menus. If someone could tell me where to adjust the width of the area between the two menus on the index page I would appreciate it, been trying to figure it out myself all week!

There is a contribution called Fixed Width Site With CSS that is helpful. You can get it from the contributions area.

There is a contribution called Fixed Width Site With CSS that is helpful. You can get it from the contributions area.

Thanks I found this contrib and installed it. Its had a similar outcome of what I was doing, just made it simpler to do which is cool. I am still getting that problem with my index page though. Perhaps someone could have a look - am sure its a quick fix....... its being edited at miraclebaby.co.nz/osc/ (Please ignore colours if you look its just so I can see what I am doing :D)

I've been through the table widths in the index, header, footer, english.php and made sure they are all at 100% so as not to interfere with the contrib.

Thanks I found this contrib and installed it. Its had a similar outcome of what I was doing, just made it simpler to do which is cool. I am still getting that problem with my index page though. Perhaps someone could have a look - am sure its a quick fix....... its being edited at miraclebaby.co.nz/osc/ (Please ignore colours if you look its just so I can see what I am doing :D)

I've been through the table widths in the index, header, footer, english.php and made sure they are all at 100% so as not to interfere with the contrib.

This is still not working. Anyone able to help? It just seems to be the text main that is causing it.

• 1 year later...

Archived