• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO Urls url display

Dj Kat

Hi,

This topic is probably already somewhere on the forum but I can't seem to find it. I have installed Ultimate SEO Urls for oscommerce but i want to show the urls in a treewise notation like

hardware/graphic-cards/Matrox.html

instead of all the minuses in the url

hardware-graphic-cards-Matrox.html

also the treewise urls only seem to work when i click in the navigation menu.

could someone help me out with this or send me the link to the correct topic.

thanks

Hi,

This topic is probably already somewhere on the forum but I can't seem to find it. I have installed Ultimate SEO Urls for oscommerce but i want to show the urls in a treewise notation like

hardware/graphic-cards/Matrox.html

instead of all the minuses in the url

hardware-graphic-cards-Matrox.html

also the treewise urls only seem to work when i click in the navigation menu.

could someone help me out with this or send me the link to the correct topic.

thanks

You might try this topic in the forums. http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...hl=ultimate+seo

That seems to be the most frequently used one, although there are a couple of others. You can do a search on "ultimate SEO" to find more listings.

As for using the tree structure - that could probably be done by changing the rewrite code, but I think you are better off with the hyphens between the words. First there is not necessarily a tree structure as you show, since the actual final pages is typically generated from the database. This might cause some issues with search engines sophisticated enough to verify the path shown as being physically there to prevent being spoofed. Second I think most search engines read the hyphens as spaces but read the / as a stop character. So using "-" someone searching for a matrox graphics card would hit on 3 terms for their search making your result more relevant and higher ranked. Using the "/" they may only see (or use) matrox and put you lower than a site that matched more of the search terms. Someone searching for graphic cards would still see some results with the "-" while using the "/" may get you nothing from the "page name". Of course your meta description, page content, page title and meta keywords will have more to do with your results than the URL. But having the URL with everything else will typically add to your overall results.

The fundamental function is to replace e.g.

cpath=

with -c-

products_id with ..

-p-

It wont work any other way and for SEO it is fine.

Archived