• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using CSV upload

Hi,

I was wondering if there is another way of adding items to my catalog without having to manually itsert them one by one. i have about 100 items to add to my website before tomorrow night and just wont have the time to do it all manually.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks

Eoin

Bit late, but there are several contributions that will assist.

The most popular is probably Easy Populate but there are others

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Figure I'll piggyback here first before starting a new thread. My new site build got dropped for 2 yrs and is just now getting kickstarted for launch shortly. (I have a present live site it will replace). Live products already kicked into the new site. Now I want to download the new site catalog into excel to edit away offline and then flip back up. The CSV file errs out in excel, seems to have too many columns or similar error??

What options have I got? utilize some other database editor? (I'm no IT whiz/fine with computers and using common software but no programmer). I've spent 2+ hrs on the site exploring searches/long threads and have stumped myself on this.

(My IT guy did setup ShopExpress for me 2+ yrs ago and it was excellent but German and I see it never got translated to English, I'd love another option like it.......anyone know of one?? It was so quick and easy to play with).

Many thanks in advance!

Excel has a limit of, I believe, 256 columns.

Have you tried downloading just the columns you want to edit?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Bit late, but there are several contributions that will assist.

The most popular is probably Easy Populate but there are others

Thats Geoffrey,

I will take a look at that. I actually found the file for uplaoding csv files 'admin/csv_import.php'

but now I need to find the category id's. Anychace you know where I can find them.

• 3 weeks later...
Thats Geoffrey,

I will take a look at that. I actually found the file for uplaoding csv files 'admin/csv_import.php'

but now I need to find the category id's. Anychace you know where I can find them.

I too have a situation where i will need to use csv to upload products, I expect to often have up to 600 single (unique) products to upload at a time.

Is there an idiots guide to doing this or do I need a commercial addon?

If an addon can some one recommend one? and provide details of where to get it?

Thanks.

Archived