• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

table rate on price shipping

willis123

Hi,

I currently use the table shipping method based upon price - this works fine. the table.php - shipping module- calculates the shipping price based upon the cart total inclusive of tax.

There are a number of shipping prices based upon the total order, eventually leading to 0.00 for shipping at a certain order total.

I wish to base the table upon the net price of the order total, rather than the gross price of the total.

This would allow the store to state 'free shipping on all orders above xx.xx exclusive of VAT.

Some products are tax free so continuing to use the current method - the statement would be incorrect. And lowering the table prices to reflect the xx.xx price would allow orders not qualifying for lower shipping rates to get them.

If a customer bought only tax free goods over the total xx.xx then the 0.00 shipping rate would not kick in as the total order must be (xx.xx + VAT) in the table.

Likewise if a customer bought goods all with VAT and the total order was above the xx.xx total in the table - then they would recieve free shipping even tho the total ex vat is less than xx.xx. .

I hope that makes sense.

Essentially where table.php does this..... $order_total = $cart->show_total() i need to use $cart->total without the VAT added if there is such a thing !!! :-)

If anyone could advise me on this matter it would be extreamly helpful.

Many thanks in advance.

In any shipping module there is a easy function quote.

You need to tweak it to get the cost breakup as it has the cart details.

Modify that function.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived