• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

POS & Oscommerce

glamourfish

I am not sure if this possible or not - and before I waste a lot of time I thought I'd ask. Does anybody know if it is possible for our POS system & Our Website (oscommcerce) to be intergrated? I am hoping that when we input an item on the POS - it feeds it to the database that Oscommerce uses.

Has anybody done this before or know if it is possible?

if at first you do succeed...try not to look surprised!

I am not sure if this possible or not - and before I waste a lot of time I thought I'd ask. Does anybody know if it is possible for our POS system & Our Website (oscommcerce) to be intergrated? I am hoping that when we input an item on the POS - it feeds it to the database that Oscommerce uses.

Has anybody done this before or know if it is possible?

I think that would depend greatly on the POS system, and your hosting environment.

If your POS system supports MySQL, and you have access to the codebase, it shouldn't be too hard to create an INSERT query to add the products to the appropriate tables.

osCommerce relies on a MySQL database to hold all of the data concerning the products. If you can access that, it shouldn't be too difficult. But, that will depend completely on your POS system.

This usually requires a bit of middleware. This sits in between the two (store and POS) and allows the two to communicate. Last time I looked into this I was quoted around $5k. Prices may have come down - or you may have more luck finding something cheaper.

Totally depends on the POS software I would guess - you may be able to pull it off with some easy hack or it may involve reinventing fire, the wheel, re-discovering silicone, building your own processor ... you get the idea.

I have a POS software importing orders from osc, so communication is definitely possible, just a matter of understanding how either work and then finding the common thread so to speak ...

Even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room.

It can be done as Im going to use this feature in my POS system. They integrated it few years ago and it works ok. I have only seen ths tested at their own offices not on my own system. I can even fetch the order to my POS system and print them out there. I update the price and the inventory with a click of a mouse.

Now the only problem is I cant get the product to go in my shopping cart. If I try to add a product to it, it always comes up empty. Tryed everything I have found on this site, and if this continus I will have to use something else.

Im just using the standard Rc2a version tryed rc1 first and when everything failed there we put the other version up.

Archived