• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Default Weight

Stealth1

Wt is just a unit.

Change the charging structure in the admin > Modules > shipping to use lbs and edit files in the includes/languages/modules/.... to refer to lbs not kg

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Wt is just a unit.

Change the charging structure in the admin > Modules > shipping to use lbs and edit files in the includes/languages/modules/.... to refer to lbs not kg

I dont see anywhere in shipping modules to change it to lbs? I am using the Canada Post shipping module. So in all the files in includes/languages/modules/shipping I should change kgs or lbs and that will make it so the program will know its 1lb and not 1kg?

I dont see anywhere in shipping modules to change it to lbs? I am using the Canada Post shipping module. So in all the files in includes/languages/modules/shipping I should change kgs or lbs and that will make it so the program will know its 1lb and not 1kg?

Yes, OSC currently does not know weight.

So OSC doesnt know weight its just the module. But how do I make it so the module does the weight for shipping in lbs and not in kgs?

OK, lbs or kgs, it is just text, it does not do anything. So you just change the text.

In the canadian postage module enter the charges per lb.

When setting up a product enter the wt in lbs.

If you see the text kg on a screen anywhere edit the .php file or language file to change it to lbs

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Ok I changed the kgs to lbs in the module .php file and it changed the words shown from kgs to lbs but had no affect on shipping costs. I guess im SOL.

Did you change the tare weight in admin shipping/packaging to reflect the weight of your packaging (default is 3 so it is obvious).

Yup I have played with that and it is set to 1 but yeah the change had no affect on shipping costs. Kinda sucks but I think I will just have to divide whatever the lb weight is by 2.

Can you give an example of what the right and wrong is and what module you are using.

I am using the Canada Post shipping module, the default weight it calculates shipping on is kgs but I dont really deal in kgs mostly lbs. So even if I change the weight to lbs the module still gets the quote as if the amount was kgs. So 1kg = 1kg and if I switch the words 1lb = 1kg for the shipping pricing.

Did you read post 2 in this thread.

You control the wt breaks and costs.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

I am using the Canada Post shipping module, the default weight it calculates shipping on is kgs but I dont really deal in kgs mostly lbs. So even if I change the weight to lbs the module still gets the quote as if the amount was kgs. So 1kg = 1kg and if I switch the words 1lb = 1kg for the shipping pricing.

But if Canada Post require kgs, that is what you have to give them and you need to start using kgs in your store.

To be honest, as a newbie, I was a little confused by what you were saying so I just though it would be handier for others who might be confused to show them the actual file and code, now that I know myself.

No offense intended.

To be honest, as a newbie, I was a little confused by what you were saying so I just though it would be handier for others who might be confused to show them the actual file and code, now that I know myself.

No offense intended.

Actually, post 2 was not my post. No offense taken by your post, it was just that the thread seemed to have moved on from simply changing the text.

Actually, post 2 was not my post. No offense taken by your post, it was just that the thread seemed to have moved on from simply changing the text.

I know that, thats why I put the link to the other thread so. But the Topic header would have brought more people to this post.

Anyway, Do you think you might know something about this, because I'm in a bit of trouble with my osc. I lost all my product listings.

I know that, thats why I put the link to the other thread so. But the Topic header would have brought more people to this post.

Anyway, Do you think you might know something about this, because I'm in a bit of trouble with my osc. I lost all my product listings.

I replied in that thread.

• 2 years later...

As stated in post 2

I think this isn't the problem they were having. As I'm having the same. I want Canada post to canculate the shipping with the LBS values I have set. I'm not converting all of my product to kiograms. So is there a way to convert the values to kilograms before sending to canada post server.

Archived