• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing Styling From One Element

On my installation of oscommerce im trying to change the colour of the text links in the left hand column. I want them white. When I change them by changing the A and A:hover elements in my stylsheets.css this also changes the links on the main column so that you can no longer see them because the text is white.

How can I change the colour of the links in the left menu without changing the colour of the links in the content column (on the right) I want the main links left black and the links in the blue section on the left white.

see my site for to see what I mean : http://www.hometvbrackets.co.uk/catalog/

On my installation of oscommerce im trying to change the colour of the text links in the left hand column. I want them white. When I change them by changing the A and A:hover elements in my stylsheets.css this also changes the links on the main column so that you can no longer see them because the text is white.

How can I change the colour of the links in the left menu without changing the colour of the links in the content column (on the right) I want the main links left black and the links in the blue section on the left white.

see my site for to see what I mean : http://www.hometvbrackets.co.uk/catalog/

try adding this to your stylesheet (this should over-ride the link colors from the rest of the store

but will cascade over all info boxes) add your own colors...

.infoBoxContents a {

color : #000;

text-decoration : none;

}

.infoBoxContents a: hover {

color : #360;

text-decoration : underline;

}

try adding this to your stylesheet (this should over-ride the link colors from the rest of the store

but will cascade over all info boxes) add your own colors...

.infoBoxContents a {

color : #000;

text-decoration : none;

}

.infoBoxContents a: hover {

color : #360;

text-decoration : underline;

}

didnt seem to have any effect :(

.SideinfoBoxContents a {
  color: white;
}

Did you enjoy reading the Designing eBook?

i did indeed, was looking for help customizing for a first attempt and came across it in a google search. Its a great help, otherwise I wouldnt of had a clue so thanks for that. I look forward to incorporating it into future designs.

Archived