• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Version 2.2ms2-50 - upgrade now or ?

jerrymc

I'm an experienced webmaster/developer but new to osCommerce. I recently decided to use it for a client that needs a catalog/storefront for a wholesale product distributor. I'm runnng a Plesk/Linux server & Plesk bundles version 2.2ms2-50 in their Application Vault, which I have installed and after fooling around with it for a couple of days, I really like the versatility and ease of modifying stuff. Also am impressed with the number of add-ons available and the community support, so I think I want to proceed using osc for this project.

My question is multi-part:

1. Where does version 2.2ms2-50 stand in the current distro? Is it old? obsolete? secure?

2. If the answer is to upgrade, should I go to 2.2rc2a or wait for 3.0?

I'm relying on the "old hands" to lead me in the right direction on this one..much appreciate the help.

I'm an experienced webmaster/developer but new to osCommerce. I recently decided to use it for a client that needs a catalog/storefront for a wholesale product distributor. I'm runnng a Plesk/Linux server & Plesk bundles version 2.2ms2-50 in their Application Vault, which I have installed and after fooling around with it for a couple of days, I really like the versatility and ease of modifying stuff. Also am impressed with the number of add-ons available and the community support, so I think I want to proceed using osc for this project.

My question is multi-part:

1. Where does version 2.2ms2-50 stand in the current distro? Is it old? obsolete? secure?

2. If the answer is to upgrade, should I go to 2.2rc2a or wait for 3.0?

I'm relying on the "old hands" to lead me in the right direction on this one..much appreciate the help.

2.2rc2a

Thanks Leslie:

Care to elaborate? Just a tiny bit?

thanks again,

It is the latest, no patches required. It is easier to workout the short comings of osc addons than osc (it is easier to fix or reject the addons than to get the core working).

Archived