• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forcing delivery to billing address

bning

Hello.

I've looked all over for an answer to this but have drawn blanks. My google-fu is weak it would appear. I'm pretty sure this is a common request but I have been unable to find a contribution which deals with it. Basically I want only the billing address to be used for the delivery address, with a small message explaining this.

I could code the changes myself but would prefer not to reinvent the wheel. Also the fact that I can't find any topics on the subjects makes me feel as if this is somehow a bad idea. I only wish to do so to help protect against fraud.

Thanks for any pointers,

Ben

Hey Ben,

I'm looking for the exact same thing!....

I'm guessing you also want to eliminate the optional 5 shipping addresses right?....and only have 1 address which would be both the billing and shipping address.

I will post here if I find anything.....please let me know if you do !

OK installed this. Seems to work fine apart from one small problem. Changing the billing address at any point will change the shipping address simultaneously as intended. However you have already selected the shipping rate at this point so for example you pick the UK as shipping, then in the next step change the billing to australia, the shipping address gets changed to australia so you end up paying the UK shipping fee to get it delivered to australia!

The solution is to open the checkout_payment_address.php file and change all the instances of :

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

to :

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

This means that once you change the billing address you are sent back to the shipping page where the new shipping options are presented to you. This is probably easily overcome by the determined cheapskate but it will help prevent the casual cheapskate and also honest mistakes.

Ben.

Archived