• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin password

besimtari

After installation, every thing looks ok, but when I try to access the admin section, did not required a password. What did I mist during the installation? An other way, how can I change the admin password, as I am in admin section?

Thank you in advenced,

You can password protect your admin directory using tools in your ISPs admin area.

If you don't know how to do this call your IS helpdesk.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a has an integrated admin area with login and log out facility.

Earlier version you have to use htaccess,

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

After installation, every thing looks ok, but when I try to access the admin section, did not required a password. What did I mist during the installation? An other way, how can I change the admin password, as I am in admin section?

Thank you in advenced,

You must be installing an older version of osc. Where did you get it?

You must be installing an older version of osc. Where did you get it?

I also have this problem. I just installed the version 2.2 from my server install central. During installation, I was not asked to set user name and password for the database or admin. I am just able to get into my admin from within my server area without having to use any user id or password to get into my admin.

Is this correct? I had a live chat with my server and they told me that Os Commerce do not need password and user id.

Should I uninstall and install again?

thanks

Siew

No, just secure your admin area.

You can password protect your admin directory using tools in your ISPs admin area.

If you don't know how to do this call your ISP's helpdesk.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

No, just secure your admin area.

If you don't know how to do this call your ISP's helpdesk.

Can you please be more specific on this? I have a deticated server and I dont know how to do that?

Archived