• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Perfectly working UPS XML module croaked

vcudnik

My store had been running fine for the past year. This mod had worked flawlessly for me. Not a huge amount of traffic. About the only error emails I ever got were shipping errors where someone entered the wrong zip code. Yesterday I got a bunch of error emails as a customer attempted (repeatedly) to make a purchase.

Okay. No problem. I figured there were changes at UPS's end with the changing rates,etc. Pop over to OSC and find the latest mods. I was previously on 1.2.3.

Downloaded version 1.3.2. Removed my old mod using the uninstall button. Updated my database with the configuration_shipping.sql (this took some research, as I had NO idea of how to do that).

Uploaded the various files into their directories. (I'm on globat with a shared SSL, which means double-duty for me as I have to make changes in both the secure directories and the non-secure directories)

Installed the mod again.

(didn't install dimensional support as we don't need it, sending small stuff. inches/pound defaults are fine with us, too.)

Anyway. After all this, I'm getting the same error messages:

Error from cURL: Error [7]: Connect timeout on IP number 1 experienced by customer with id 2 on 2008-01-30 13:53:14

UPSXML Rates Error: : experienced by customer with id 2 on 2008-01-30 13:54:15

UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: : experienced by customer with id 2 on 2008-01-30 13:53:15

I've spent about 5 hours back and forth on this (including time to fully back up my store and database).

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. :blink:

Error from cURL: Error [7]: Connect timeout on IP number 1 experienced by customer with id 2 on 2008-01-30 13:53:14

UPSXML Rates Error: : experienced by customer with id 2 on 2008-01-30 13:54:15

UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: : experienced by customer with id 2 on 2008-01-30 13:53:15

You are not on GoDaddy servers? They use a proxy server for the curl https connections (I think it is mentioned in the install instructions) and that would cause the time out.

You are not on GoDaddy servers? They use a proxy server for the curl https connections (I think it is mentioned in the install instructions) and that would cause the time out.

Nope. Not GoDaddy. I saw those solutions listed. I contacted Globat's tech support. Nice that they have somebody answer the phone 24/7, but usually they know less than I do.

Nope. Not GoDaddy. I saw those solutions listed. I contacted Globat's tech support. Nice that they have somebody answer the phone 24/7, but usually they know less than I do.

No clue really. It is a curl issue of course. I know stevel reported that he had a problem where the look-up of the IP-address was extremely slow so he used the IP-address instead of the webaddress for the UPS server. But that doesn't seem to be the case here.

No clue really. It is a curl issue of course. I know stevel reported that he had a problem where the look-up of the IP-address was extremely slow so he used the IP-address instead of the webaddress for the UPS server. But that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Thanks. I figure it is a curl issue (hence the error code), hopefully I can get this figured out with Globat. They are horribly slow to answer support tickets and the phone lines are usually a very long wait.

Thanks. I figure it is a curl issue (hence the error code), hopefully I can get this figured out with Globat. They are horribly slow to answer support tickets and the phone lines are usually a very long wait.

Globat tells me they upgraded to PHP5... any thoughts on whether this is causing the problem?

Globat tells me they upgraded to PHP5... any thoughts on whether this is causing the problem?

No idea. I upgraded to PHP5 on my computer and never seen a problem with curl. Maybe they missed something in their upgrade like the OpenSSL libraries?