• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal Error Cannot redeclare tep_show_category()

Ausgirl

Hello,

I installed the "delete account" & "must agree to terms" mods. When delete account is clicked, I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in catalog/includes/header.php:137) in catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 59

and when checking out, if you dont agree to terms (forget to tick the box) I get the same error.

Any help on how to fix it would be appreciated,

Thanks

Hello,

I installed the "delete account" & "must agree to terms" mods. When delete account is clicked, I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in catalog/includes/header.php:137) in catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 59

and when checking out, if you dont agree to terms (forget to tick the box) I get the same error.

Any help on how to fix it would be appreciated,

Thanks

Check the code for the mods you just installed. The tep_show_catagory fuction is called from /includes/boxes/categories.php in a plain install. It looks like one of those mods had you install it again in the header.php

G'day Scott,

I didnt add anything to the header.

Many templates will copy that function and include it in the header file so when a standard oscommerce change is installed, that error occurs. Try searching all of your files for "function tep_show_category" - there should only be one instance.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Many templates will copy that function and include it in the header file so when a standard oscommerce change is installed, that error occurs. Try searching all of your files for "function tep_show_category" - there should only be one instance.

Jack

G'day Jack,

Then what do I do with it?

One instance per file or one instance in a particular file only?

If it's because a duplicate instance was added by a template, you can just rename it. This thread may help.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived