• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I just downloaded 2.2! Now What?

Hi-it'sK

OK - so this might be a really stupid question... But I'm asking anyway. How can I start to set up my store now that I've downloaded os2.2? My site is not live, so I need to save it to my PC for now as I'm working. What are my first steps? Once I saw all the files that downloaded, I was frozen with...ignorance, I guess.

My shop online section will be a sub-domain of my main site. The shopping section will need to have the 'look' of the main site. Not sure if that matters or not. I have images, pricing & info ready. Does osCommerce have any sort of starting place (I assume there is no wizard!!)? Do I need to somehow figure out which modules/add-ons I need? I feel like all I have is a bunch of files and I don't know where to start. Yikes!

Obviously, I need help :-"

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try the installation forum.

There is a sticky thread in there that should start you off.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Try the installation forum.

There is a sticky thread in there that should start you off.

Thanks - I already read through some of the items there from earlier today, but it was fairly detailed stuff about specific issues.

And what does sticky thread mean? Another probably stupid question, but I'm not too proud to ask :thumbsup:

Look up, no, not up there, I mean up to the top of this page.

You see the blue box titled 'Solutions'? Rollover that, then click Documentation.

Download the manual, read it, read it again and then you'll find out how easy it is to get your first shop online.

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showforum=1

For sticky read pinned.

The first threads are pinned as they are the ones that answer the most common posts and can extend to several hundred posts.

Happy reading

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived