• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Password Screen

JimmyDSSG4U

On our website we have two areas the area for the general public to view and purchase items and what we call the buyboard, which is an area for certain customers to purchase clearence items at a discount price.

Right now anyone can click on the link and view the items and request an account. Can someone actually create a password screen that appears before the actual page to control who views the area for special pricing. I looked at the create account feature but that didn't work too well. We would issue account names and passwords only to those customers that would be allowed to see the special clearance pricing.

On our website we have two areas the area for the general public to view and purchase items and what we call the buyboard, which is an area for certain customers to purchase clearence items at a discount price.

Right now anyone can click on the link and view the items and request an account. Can someone actually create a password screen that appears before the actual page to control who views the area for special pricing. I looked at the create account feature but that didn't work too well. We would issue account names and passwords only to those customers that would be allowed to see the special clearance pricing.

Theres nothing in the add ons section that does this, (I was looking for something similar a little while ago). You can go to your cpanel, under passwords and password protect files from there. You would have to issue each customer with the login details.

Why not create an extra field in the customers table ..

buyboard default false

Then in products_info.php where the script shows the product have a filter ..

if ($product_info['buyboard'])
// Do this if true
else // Do this if false

Obviously you'll need to change the $product_info_query

Archived