• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

creating a text link under product description

Christinekrebs

Quick question. Following my product description, I would like to create a text link. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Please edit the product_info.php file.. you will find something like:

<p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p>

add in you link as below:

<p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']) . '<br><a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" alt="oscommerce rocks">Oscommerce</a><br>'; ?></p>

I hope that helps

Hari

Please edit the product_info.php file.. you will find something like:

<p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p>

add in you link as below:

<p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']) . '<br><a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" alt="oscommerce rocks">Oscommerce</a><br>'; ?></p>

I hope that helps

Hari

Hi Hari,

I want to add a link to a pop up window with a specification table in it. But each product category has a different specs table. So I need a different link for each product category?

Any ideas how to implement that?

Thanks for your help,

Brooke

Hi Hari,

I want to add a link to a pop up window with a specification table in it. But each product category has a different specs table. So I need a different link for each product category?

Any ideas how to implement that?

Thanks for your help,

Brooke

Ok found a way to add the link from the product catalog, but don't know where I can change the text to say "To view Specifications Click Here" Any help would be appreciated?

As usual, I managed to figure this one out prior to reading your response. What I ended up doing was I put the html code into the actual box where I originally put the description. (box meaning the area within admin where you actually type in your item description). My text with an outside link appeared fine.

Thanks for your input. Actually, I think your idea may be easier.

As usual, I managed to figure this one out prior to reading your response. What I ended up doing was I put the html code into the actual box where I originally put the description. (box meaning the area within admin where you actually type in your item description). My text with an outside link appeared fine.

Thanks for your input. Actually, I think your idea may be easier.

That's where I am putting the link too but using the "product URL:" in the NEW Poducts section of the Catalog in ADMIN. But I need to find out how to change the text that is displayed for the link which you can view here

Please help :huh:

That's where I am putting the link too but using the "product URL:" in the NEW Poducts section of the Catalog in ADMIN. But I need to find out how to change the text that is displayed for the link which you can view here

Please help :huh:

Yay! Found it in product_info.php and also got rid of the photo enlargement link!

Yay! Found it in product_info.php and also got rid of the photo enlargement link!

I know this is suppose to be straight forward but the link I'm making to the product specs table, the image is broken? I've made sure the file name has no caps or anything, just wondering if i have the image in the wrong place or if the url i've put is wrong? :blush:

Visit My Website

The specs link is on this page below the product.

Cheers,

Brooke

Archived