• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Missing Comments on Order Checkout

schlegk

I've installed many different contributions and somewhere along the line I messed up the section for Add Comments About Your Order.

When checking out, you are able to type here but when you click on the continue button and go to the payment option page the Comments section is blank instead of showing what you had just typed in. If you continue to check out, the original comments that you type in are shown so it is being stored, but not displayed on the payment option page.

Let me know if you need me to post some code. I would appreciate any help at all!

Thanks in advance,

Karim

I've installed many different contributions and somewhere along the line I messed up the section for Add Comments About Your Order.

When checking out, you are able to type here but when you click on the continue button and go to the payment option page the Comments section is blank instead of showing what you had just typed in. If you continue to check out, the original comments that you type in are shown so it is being stored, but not displayed on the payment option page.

Let me know if you need me to post some code. I would appreciate any help at all!

Thanks in advance,

Karim

Hi Karim..

Is it that the comments are stored in database but the same dont reflect in the payments page?

Hari

Hi Karim..

Is it that the comments are stored in database but the same dont reflect in the payments page?

Hari

Yes. They are being stored, but on the payment choice page, it looks blank again. The original comments do show up when checkout is complete.

Yes. They are being stored, but on the payment choice page, it looks blank again. The original comments do show up when checkout is complete.

the following is the line which displays the comments:

<tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		  <tr>
			<td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5', $comments); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>

and the comments are brought in as post variables in the top of the file ( lines 67 71 )

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');
 if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'])) {
$comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);
 }

If these 2 piece fit ok in your file. it should be ok.

Regards

Hari

the following is the line which displays the comments:

<tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		  <tr>
			<td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5', $comments); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>

and the comments are brought in as post variables in the top of the file ( lines 67 71 )

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');
 if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'])) {
 }

If these 2 piece fit ok in your file. it should be ok.

Regards

Hari

Should I find this on checkout_payment.php?

karim

Should I find this on checkout_payment.php?

karim

Fixed it! Thank you! I was missing these lines:

}

Karim

Archived