• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can the osCommerce cart be added to an existing website?

jstanton

Can I install osCOmmerce into my existing website? I want to use the cart features, but am unable to figure out how to integrate the cart with my site. (Add buy now buttons, and have a checkout) I have read the forum for quite a while and can't find an answer. I have seen that I am able to customize the osCommerce template but am unsure if I can take the cart and put it into my site. Any information would be very helpful.

Can I install osCOmmerce into my existing website? I want to use the cart features, but am unable to figure out how to integrate the cart with my site. (Add buy now buttons, and have a checkout) I have read the forum for quite a while and can't find an answer. I have seen that I am able to customize the osCommerce template but am unsure if I can take the cart and put it into my site. Any information would be very helpful.

The short answer is yes. The only question is where you want to put it. In a folder such as /catalog/ and then link

to it from your main site pages or put it into the root of your domain where upon entrance, the visitor "lands" on

oscommerce's index.php page.

The other question is whether you want to integrate your existing site design into oscommerce. You might want

to get someone to do this for you.

The short answer is yes. The only question is where you want to put it. In a folder such as /catalog/ and then link

to it from your main site pages or put it into the root of your domain where upon entrance, the visitor "lands" on

oscommerce's index.php page.

The other question is whether you want to integrate your existing site design into oscommerce. You might want

to get someone to do this for you.

Thank you for the reply. Is there a place that I can find people who are familiar with os commerce and can help me do this. I am too new and unexperienced to attempt this on my own.

Archived