• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to change category name length?

jmw1960

• 1 year later...

How can I change the number of text/characters allowed in the "category name length'? Currently I beleive that it will only show 30 letters/text/characters in a live category description name.

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Ive changed it in phpadmin under catergory_description > category_name but when I log out and long back in the value has changed back to the original value - do i need to change this value somewhere else as well??

Any help will be much appreciated

• 2 months later...

This thread is kind of old but it is exactly what I am looking for. The character count of the category input fields is too short and is cutting off my titles. Is there a way to make these fields longer? Thanks.

You can edit the length of the category field in the MySQL database. Edit the categories_name field length ("len") in the categories_description table. Out of the box it is set to 32. You can use phpmyadmin from the cpanel of your website to do this. You may have to access phpmyadmin from the mysql databases link in the cpanel, in which case the link to phpmyadmin may be at the very bottom of the mysql database page in your cpanel. Hope that helps.

PS - be carefull as you will be editing your live database. Always backup!

Archived