• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adwords Conversion Tracking Code

jasyn

hopefully someone on here uses adwords and has this running on their checkout_success.php page.

i tried using this contribution here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4494 and put it into checkout_success.php. it's pretty similar to what google provides except with the whole Total Order thing altered.

should i even bother using that contribution, or should I just use what google gives? Analytics showed that I had a CPC for my website from Adwords, but the conversion for Adwords was still showing 0.00% so i'm thinking i installed it wrong.

advise please.

hopefully someone on here uses adwords and has this running on their checkout_success.php page.

i tried using this contribution here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4494 and put it into checkout_success.php. it's pretty similar to what google provides except with the whole Total Order thing altered.

should i even bother using that contribution, or should I just use what google gives? Analytics showed that I had a CPC for my website from Adwords, but the conversion for Adwords was still showing 0.00% so i'm thinking i installed it wrong.

advise please.

I also have that installed and not working. I'm not sure if it's because of the code or if the STS system is parsing it out. The stock google code does not provide dynamic sales figures so that is why the contrib has the updated total order info

I also have that installed and not working. I'm not sure if it's because of the code or if the STS system is parsing it out. The stock google code does not provide dynamic sales figures so that is why the contrib has the updated total order info

so what exactly does the code that google provides actually do?

The way it was defaulted when I set it up was to provide a static price to add to the tracking tool.

hmm i've searched around the forum and adwords conversion topics are way to old .. hopefully someone knows .. if not i'm going to just ask a coder to figure it out :-"

Jaysn,

Conversion tracking for my site won't record purchases from firefox - so make sure thats not what you are testing it with.

why's that? i for one am not testing out the tracking .. i'm letting users who want to purchase something test it out .. from analytics i can see people click on the CPC from google (adwords), and there's a purchase from that CPC (a goal). however in adwords for my campaigns, the conversion rates are all at 0.00% so something is fishy.

my analytics works, but not my conversion tracking.

• 3 months later...

advise please.

I have also spent time on this problem. Finally I used the 4494 contribution, and it was verified successfully by Google. (By leaving the site to auto-verify for several days)

What puzzled me was that the Campaign Management tracking summary did not show the total order values per conversion.

But now I know that you get this information through the Reporting module, and you put in the information you need.

Everthing now works perfectly

I have also spent time on this problem. Finally I used the 4494 contribution, and it was verified successfully by Google. (By leaving the site to auto-verify for several days)

What puzzled me was that the Campaign Management tracking summary did not show the total order values per conversion.

But now I know that you get this information through the Reporting module, and you put in the information you need.

Everthing now works perfectly

you have PM

• 10 months later...

Archived