• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to change products name length?

jmw1960

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 3 months later...
How can I change the number of text/characters allowed in the "products name' box? Currently I beleive that it will only show 30 letters/text/characters in a live product in the product name.

I've got the same problem like you, Finally I found that because of MySQL. Just go to phpMyAdmin edit product_description table -> product_name field default length/value is 64 and you can edit length/value as you want .

* I use a template from template monster if you follow my solution but still can't fix your problem it might be template issue then just try another way :'(

• 9 months later...
I've got the same problem like you, Finally I found that because of MySQL. Just go to phpMyAdmin edit product_description table -> product_name field default length/value is 64 and you can edit length/value as you want .

* I use a template from template monster if you follow my solution but still can't fix your problem it might be template issue then just try another way :'(

I have the same problem: the products name field in the admin tool can take up to 64 characters and I have product names that exceed the maximum length. I have access to all the files through the FTP client but have no access to phpMyAdmin. Is it possible to change the product name length value without using phpMyAdmin? Thanks.

I have the same problem: the products name field in the admin tool can take up to 64 characters and I have product names that exceed the maximum length. I have access to all the files through the FTP client but have no access to phpMyAdmin. Is it possible to change the product name length value without using phpMyAdmin? Thanks.

Any suggestions, please? :blink:

Archived