• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contact Us email form

hpeeze

is there anyway I can have the Contact Us email form send the email to a different email address other than the store owners email address?

I also want all orders to go to another email address other than the store owners address.

I've tried to search but apparently the search doesn't allow words fewer than 3 characters.

Thanks

Click Me

If you need more help. just ask.

:)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Click Me

If you need more help. just ask.

:)

i need contact us information to go to a completely different email than the order email goes to

basically both items should go different ways, like contact us should go to [email protected] and the orders should go to [email protected]

another thing: when a person submits an order it takes almost an hour to receive the invoice email, is there anything i can do to make it send the email instantly?

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE MAKING ANY EDITS!!!

In contcact_us.php find this code:

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

Change to:

tep_mail('', '[email protected]', EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

To get the order email to go to another address, login to your Admin, click on Configuration

On that page set "Send Extra Order Email To" to [email protected]

Save it.

You can't do anything about the time delay. You're at the mercy of the server sending it, or the server receiving it.

The server is told to send it as soon as the button on the web page is clicked.

They process it as soon as they get around to it...

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Addin on to jim;s suggestion.. you could also change the EMAIL_SUBJECT just by repalcing by the particular string.. or if you have multilanguages you can use a different name for the string ( say OSCOMMERCE_ROCKS ) and the define('OSCOMMERCE_ROCKS','<subject you want>'); in the corresponding language file. ..

Hari

Archived