• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upload file general question

paulhastings

My online store does not contain all the products that a mfg might have. I want to do price changes via EP. My question is if there is a v_products_model and v_products_price in the upload file, that does not exist in the database, will it add it to the data base, or skip it?

In reading the manual I got confused;

Checks to see if there is a valid product_model in the row, if it's not there, throw an error

and go on to the next row.

then

If the product_model does not exist in the database, the product is created with the given

information (price, weight, qty). If it does exist, then the given information is updated.

I have a large store, and downloading the file and manually editing the price in Excel would not be a practical solution.

If it adds it, then my second question is;

Would anyone like to quote a modification to give the option to "update only" (so that records can exist in the upload file that do not exist in the database, and those that do not will simply be skipped) and the option to "add only" (so that new items can be added). I would make this modification available to all if someone wants to contract to do it.

Thanks

Paul

Really..... I'm not a cynical person, just most of the people in the world hack me off.....

My online store does not contain all the products that a mfg might have. I want to do price changes via EP. My question is if there is a v_products_model and v_products_price in the upload file, that does not exist in the database, will it add it to the data base, or skip it?

In reading the manual I got confused;

Checks to see if there is a valid product_model in the row, if it's not there, throw an error

and go on to the next row.

then

If the product_model does not exist in the database, the product is created with the given

information (price, weight, qty). If it does exist, then the given information is updated.

I have a large store, and downloading the file and manually editing the price in Excel would not be a practical solution.

If it adds it, then my second question is;

Would anyone like to quote a modification to give the option to "update only" (so that records can exist in the upload file that do not exist in the database, and those that do not will simply be skipped) and the option to "add only" (so that new items can be added). I would make this modification available to all if someone wants to contract to do it.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks for the views, I have contracted the work and when done it will be available to the community.

Really..... I'm not a cynical person, just most of the people in the world hack me off.....