• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Products and New Products

monster061

Hello,

When people come to my site and see the index.php page it says: Featured Products and the newest product is on the top. The same as if they click the New Products button.

I want my Featured products to have reverse direction, or in other words the last added product to be at the bottom and the oldest product to stay at the top.

I must achieve this somehow because I don't have many products and the ones that need to be seen stay at the bottom.

Does someone have any idea how to manage this ?

Thanks !

The creator of www.futomart.com

Hello,

When people come to my site and see the index.php page it says: Featured Products and the newest product is on the top. The same as if they click the New Products button.

I want my Featured products to have reverse direction, or in other words the last added product to be at the bottom and the oldest product to stay at the top.

I must achieve this somehow because I don't have many products and the ones that need to be seen stay at the bottom.

Does someone have any idea how to manage this ?

Thanks !

I suppose both are modules.. for the modules the files are located in the includes/modules folder.

you will need to locate the query that is used for getting the products.. it should be in the beginning of the file.. there should be an order by in that query.. if there is a DESC ... just remove the DESC part alone. i think that will solve the issue for you ( not very sure though give it a try ).

cheers

Hari

I checked in product_listing.php located in includes/modules and I didn't find anything like DESC in the file.

I can change the database time of adding but then I will have to do that for every product so this doesnt solve my problem.

Any ideas where can the code be located ?

I checked in product_listing.php located in includes/modules and I didn't find anything like DESC in the file.

I can change the database time of adding but then I will have to do that for every product so this doesnt solve my problem.

Any ideas where can the code be located ?

change date added to the products you want to display only to the most recent.

how many do you want 5 or 6?

change date added to the products you want to display only to the most recent.

how many do you want 5 or 6?

I want 6 products to stay always at the top and the other to be added below them

Archived