• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products Attributes with a total button to show price before added to cart

I have several products that work together and was wanting to create a product called "build your own kit". I was going to use the Products Attributes to have drop down boxes with all the options to choose from. I am wanting to have a total button at the bottom to show the customer the total price before they add to cart so they can make any changes they want and not have to go back and forth changing products around to get a price they are willing to pay. I have found a site that has something similar to what I am looking for and the link to it is below. Any help would be great.

click here!!

I have several products that work together and was wanting to create a product called "build your own kit". I was going to use the Products Attributes to have drop down boxes with all the options to choose from. I am wanting to have a total button at the bottom to show the customer the total price before they add to cart so they can make any changes they want and not have to go back and forth changing products around to get a price they are willing to pay. I have found a site that has something similar to what I am looking for and the link to it is below. Any help would be great.

click here!!

Cool .. nice idea.. had implemented a partial one sometime before.. you can check this page :

http://www.mybestfriendshop.com/product_in...products_id=386

It uses javascript to update the prices.. there is a contribution which will do this for you.. but doesnot work for multiple attributes :(.. not sure whether that has been extended.. but give a try .. you might get something closer..

Or you could do one thing.. update the price on submit of a particular option. ie whn the users goes to option A and selects choice A. process a form submit. this will get you to the same page but price calculated ;)...

Cheers,

Hari

• 4 months later...
I know it can be done. anybody out there know how?

i'm just wondering if anyone found a solution for such a wonder, as i can't seem to find such a feature anywhere!

i'm just wondering if anyone found a solution for such a wonder, as i can't seem to find such a feature anywhere!

bump

• 1 month later...
Cool .. nice idea.. had implemented a partial one sometime before.. you can check this page :

http://www.mybestfriendshop.com/product_in...products_id=386

It uses javascript to update the prices.. there is a contribution which will do this for you.. but doesnot work for multiple attributes :(.. not sure whether that has been extended.. but give a try .. you might get something closer..

Or you could do one thing.. update the price on submit of a particular option. ie whn the users goes to option A and selects choice A. process a form submit. this will get you to the same page but price calculated ;)...

Cheers,

Hari

Which contribution did you use? this is exactly what I need (price updates depending on the attribute)

Archived