• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fantastico Help!

luke1984

Ok, it's really simple. Basically, I had zenCart installed on my server in my root directory via fantastico. I went back to fantastico and had that installation removed etc. etc. Then proceeded to instacc o scommerce, and i get this error:

The installation can not be completed:

- You chose to install in the main directory of the domain, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain.

(path="/home/ohsolo/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:

.htaccess

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

I first of all cant find a .htaccess file, second, i deleted EVERYTHING even the CGI bin folder ( one at a time and then went back to retest it ) and it keeps giving me the same error, but theres nothing left to delete ( and yes i made backups of everytihng ). What am I doing wrong i feel so stupid!! :'(

Please someone help me, I greatly appreciate any advice

By default, any .htaccess file is "hidden" in the UNIX environment.

If you're using your sites Control Panel, you may have to do something "special" (i.e. check an extra box or whatever) to get it to show "hidden" files. I know I did.

I hope this provides you with something to try.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

By default, any .htaccess file is "hidden" in the UNIX environment.

If you're using your sites Control Panel, you may have to do something "special" (i.e. check an extra box or whatever) to get it to show "hidden" files. I know I did.

I hope this provides you with something to try.

You're a genius, thank you sooooo much. Worked perfectly

try just putting in a different folder like www.youdomain.com/oscom then just point your .com there and mask it thats a lot easier than what you have to do. Some of the things you need to do in the main root dir to install anything other then homemade html or php files would need the assistance most likely of your hosting company and there permission. stick with my idea its much easier to do.

www.freefuelconcepts.com

www.freefuelconcepts.com/forum/

www.freefuelconcepts.com/oscom/

Archived