• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any Mac-> OS X users

gspro

Anyone running oscommerce on a Mac locally for testing prior to go live?

Thank you

Yes. I have an older Mac that has OS 10.3.9 on it and set it up as a local server. The great thing about it is that just about all the server software you need is built in with the OS.

Yes. I have an older Mac that has OS 10.3.9 on it and set it up as a local server. The great thing about it is that just about all the server software you need is built in with the OS.

Thank you for the reply Redbone.

Would you please give me a step by step installation procedure if you will?

I see many users using osc locally with XAMP, I instead am using MAMP Pro which I don't think it makes much difference.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million

I finally got it to work.

I do have a couple of questions, the fist one is from the manual and here is what it says:

New Installation

Upload the catalog directory to your server using FTP.

All PHP files must be uploaded in ASCII mode, not binary mode.

The structure of osCommerce is:

catalog

catalog/admin

extras

Where is the extra folder?

When I unzipped the file this is the folder I got oscommerce-2.2rc2.

I dragged the Catalog folder from oscommerce-2.2rc2 and placed it in the htdocs folder on my computer. There is a folder called extra but it's not in the Catalog folder according to the manual, it's in the oscommerce-2.2rc2.

Once I went through the installation process, I started working on the shopping cart but, when I went back I had to start all over again, i.e. installation and setup.

Did I miss something somewhere? Or do I need to open just a file that was created while I was working on the shopping cart?

Thank you

Archived