The e-commerce.

cant login as administrator

when i point my browser to www.hometvbrackets.co.uk/admin/login.php

i recieve this error:

1146 - Table 'oscdb.administrators' doesn't exist

select id from administrators limit 1

[TEP STOP]

what have I done wrong?

If this is the first time you have tried to access your administration area I would say the installation did not complete correctly as the table administrators doesn't exist or your configuration / filenames.php does not point to this table.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

If this is the first time you have tried to access your administration area I would say the installation did not complete correctly as the table administrators doesn't exist or your configuration / filenames.php does not point to this table.

hey i dontthink there is an issue with the filesname.. if the tablenames are prefixed in your install then you should make the corresponding changes the includes/dabase_tables.php file as well.

if this is not the issue., then teh issue is that the table is not actually present.. the old versions on the database did not have the administrator table.. are you facing this issue after you upgraded from a previous version ?

Regards

Hari

hey i dontthink there is an issue with the filesname.. if the tablenames are prefixed in your install then you should make the corresponding changes the includes/dabase_tables.php file as well.

if this is not the issue., then teh issue is that the table is not actually present.. the old versions on the database did not have the administrator table.. are you facing this issue after you upgraded from a previous version ?

Regards

Hari

no its a clean first time install to a newly created database.

no its a clean first time install to a newly created database.

strange.. anyway try the following script htorugh php myadmin.. if this does work, it must be an issue with the database_tabes.php file or... we will hae to look into it ;)

--

-- Table structure for table `administrators`

--

CREATE TABLE `administrators` (

`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`user_name` varchar(32) character set latin1 collate latin1_bin NOT NULL default '',

`user_password` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',

PRIMARY KEY (`id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=4 ;

--

-- Dumping data for table `administrators`

--

INSERT INTO `administrators` (`id`, `user_name`, `user_password`) VALUES

(1, 0x61646d696e, '1060bdf4e47bc8b4ab3fb0cfea9ef70b:77');

Cheers

Hari

could it be something to do with me adding a contribution before install?

i added "uk based oscommerce" and made some changes to the stylesheet, header.php and all the main .php files for a custom layout.

im getting the same error on my test server as i am when i upload it to my webhost.

could it be something to do with me adding a contribution before install?

i added "uk based oscommerce" and made some changes to the stylesheet, header.php and all the main .php files for a custom layout.

im getting the same error on my test server as i am when i upload it to my webhost.

teh issue is database related and I dont think is relted to any contribution... cos no contribution would delete the administrators table.. anyways didnt the database script solve the issue ?

Hari

teh issue is database related and I dont think is relted to any contribution... cos no contribution would delete the administrators table.. anyways didnt the database script solve the issue ?

Hari

Hi I had the same problem with the same contrib installed. The add table did work - user=admin password=admin incasew people don't realise.

Took me a while to figure it out :-"

Archived