• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install file permissions

Between downloading the zip file from the site ( only a zip, and no linux version that I could see ) and copying the catalog files over to the correct server, then to the correct folder, all the permissions are wrong..

what should they all be??

I have them all at 700 just now, I assume the web facing ones should be 755 but then hows about the include files??

any thoughts??

Steve

Between downloading the zip file from the site ( only a zip, and no linux version that I could see ) and copying the catalog files over to the correct server, then to the correct folder, all the permissions are wrong..

what should they all be??

I have them all at 700 just now, I assume the web facing ones should be 755 but then hows about the include files??

any thoughts??

Steve

Did you install it?

Folders should be 755

Files, except for the two configure.php files, shoud be 644

The two configure.php files should be 755 during the install and reset afterwards to either 644, 444 or 400 (but which is right for you depends on your server setup).

Vger

Knowledge base give full listing of permissions

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/I...nd_Upgrades/224

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

thats a great link, for the KB.. and would have answered my original question...

I looked but can't see anything about permissions for the file manager

I guess its looking like a permissions issue..

I get this when i go to the file manager in the tools menu of the admin pages

Warning: dir(/var/www/rootfolder/) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /var/www/rootfolder/admin/file_manager.php on line 184

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /var/www/rootfolder/admin/file_manager.php on line 185

can anyone help!??

• 10 months later...
Folders should be 755

Files, except for the two configure.php files, shoud be 644

The two configure.php files should be 755 during the install and reset afterwards to either 644, 444 or 400 (but which is right for you depends on your server setup).

Vger

Just wanted to confirm that this is correct? Have just noticed that all of my permissions are all over the place.

So, to recap:

- the two configure.php files should be as low as possible (400, 444 or 644)

- the rest of the files should be 644

- folders should be 755?

For some reason, I thought folders should be lower than 755, but when I did that everything went haywire?

Archived