• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product listings and attributes

denseboy

Hello everyone,

I'm new to osCommerce but I really like what it has to offer. I think I've hit a snag though and I'm wondering if anyone here can help (I've looked around, but so far haven't seen any solutions).

I'm in the middle of moving my old store over. It's a Catholic Book Store and the most popular items we sell are Patron Saint medals.

Well, there are hundreds of saint medals and each one comes in 3 different styles, and each style has 3 different sizes - all of which have a unique price. Very quickly, I have a dilema. I can either list each medal/size/style as its own item separately (about 2600 items) or I can list just the saints and offer the styles and sizes as options. I would prefer the latter since it's more intuitive for customers and would keep the site looking cleaner.

If I go to the trouble of setting up the options however, I hit a wall with the attributes. Instead of boring everyone to death with the details, I'll just say that I'd really like for the product listing and product details/options to work much like it did on my old site (http://www.stfrancisdesales.com/catalog/me...dals_saints.htm). With so many options, it's important to make it as accessible for the customers as possible. In my mind that means I need a way to list actual saint names, and then give customers a way to choose a specific version of the saint's medal.

If anyone has tried to make a page like this and has any insights, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!!

Archived