• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How does the product_info page determine the options to add to the shopping cart?

btong

Hi All,

Thanks for reading this post.

I was wondering how does the product_info.php knows which options that the user selects to be placed in the shopping cart's details?

I looked into the code, and i wasn't sure what or where i was looking.

Thanks !

Try looking for the terms attributes and options

Round line 142 in my copy

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Try looking for the terms attributes and options

Round line 142 in my copy

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I wasn't able to reply soon enough.

Thanks for the tip. I found the line that supposedly send the selected attributes to the shopping cart page.

I am still new to PHP and I was wondering how does the product_info page sends this information to the shopping cart.

I believe the line is this....

$selected_attribute = $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']];

The problem i am having is that, I had already built a default website that already has the product info. So the question is how do I send the product attributes (already defined in the website, and already defined in the OScommerce database using the admin section) from my own product_info page (complete with its drop downs) to the OS commerce shopping cart ? Possibly through the URL ?

Thanks for reading this.

Bernard

Archived