• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Product Grabbing another Master Products Slaves

snakeice

I have run into an issue where if I have a master product with the id 281 and a master product with the id of 81. The slave products of master's id 81 will appear under the master product id 281.

This doesn't happen after adding master product 281 originally I'm positive since I check after each product addition.

This occurs when I use the admin panel's copy mechanism in the catalog section to copy product 281 to another category. Then after I check master product 281 also has the slave products of master product id 81 in the original category and the category I copied it to.

I have insured that the slave products only have one master id listed. This is the second time this has happened today. The other time I deleted one master product and re-added the master product with another id.

For some reason it appears that the first digit of the three digit product was being ignored each time and then the master grabs anything that match its last two digits (xNN =NNN). No matter what “Nxx” is.

I am using the “link” method of copying the products to another category in the admin panel.

Also the master product I do not copy does not grab the other master product's slaves. Only the master product copied to another category grabs the other master product's slaves.

Does anyone know what I should look for to rectify this so it will not happen again?

*Any points need clarification let me know*

I have run into an issue where if I have a master product with the id 281 and a master product with the id of 81. The slave products of master's id 81 will appear under the master product id 281.

This doesn't happen after adding master product 281 originally I'm positive since I check after each product addition.

This occurs when I use the admin panel's copy mechanism in the catalog section to copy product 281 to another category. Then after I check master product 281 also has the slave products of master product id 81 in the original category and the category I copied it to.

I have insured that the slave products only have one master id listed. This is the second time this has happened today. The other time I deleted one master product and re-added the master product with another id.

For some reason it appears that the first digit of the three digit product was being ignored each time and then the master grabs anything that match its last two digits (xNN =NNN). No matter what “Nxx” is.

I am using the “link” method of copying the products to another category in the admin panel.

Also the master product I do not copy does not grab the other master product's slaves. Only the master product copied to another category grabs the other master product's slaves.

Does anyone know what I should look for to rectify this so it will not happen again?

*Any points need clarification let me know*

I found the fix for this issue at the following :http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=67284&view=findpost&p=1167467

Look at post # 1854 in the above forum thread the author of that post is named briggers.

I actually thought I was posting to that thread but went into the wrong browser late at night/early morning , go figure.

Edited by snakeice