• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Create Account Error

kisha75

I installed everything successfully...I entered product information, adjusted settings, etc.

So I decided to test the site. I am able to view all products and everything seemed to be working until I decided to create an account.

First I tried the "Forgot Password" function and received and error.

Then I attempted to create another account on sitename/catalog/create_account.php. I entered all of my information. When I tried to submit it, I received the same error (below). However, on the administration page, it shows the account was added successfully. In addition, I am able to successfully log into the online shop using my email and password. The only problem I seem to be faced with is the redirection process after I create the account. I'm assuming it should automatically redirect me to account.php.

Here's the error:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in D:\hshome\designpl\allbodyapparel.com\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 522

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\hshome\designpl\allbodyapparel.com\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:522) in D:\hshome\designpl\allbodyapparel.com\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

How can I get this to work properly? Thanks.

I installed everything successfully...I entered product information, adjusted settings, etc.

So I decided to test the site. I am able to view all products and everything seemed to be working until I decided to create an account.

First I tried the "Forgot Password" function and received and error.

Then I attempted to create another account on sitename/catalog/create_account.php. I entered all of my information. When I tried to submit it, I received the same error (below). However, on the administration page, it shows the account was added successfully. In addition, I am able to successfully log into the online shop using my email and password. The only problem I seem to be faced with is the redirection process after I create the account. I'm assuming it should automatically redirect me to account.php.

Here's the error:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in D:\hshome\designpl\allbodyapparel.com\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 522

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\hshome\designpl\allbodyapparel.com\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:522) in D:\hshome\designpl\allbodyapparel.com\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 33

How can I get this to work properly? Thanks.

In order for anyone to help you we would need to see what's in those files that are giving you the errors just about 10 line above and below ( and highlight the line in question)

Also have you set up the email from and to in the admin area?

Are they both for valid accounts hosted on your site?

i.e. If your site is called www.myshop.com, are the email accounts called something ending @myshop.com like [email protected]

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived