• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installed but not editable

qpsychics

Ok, I am familiar with this software as I have used it before, but this is the first time I have installed it myself. This script is an instant install with my hosting package and when I had it automatically installed the store shows up, but the entire admin area is non editable/customizable. Basically you click on certain links and the edit buttons and nothing happens. Also, this is what the nav links look like:

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_SITE

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_FORUMS

BOX_ENTRY_MAILING_LISTS

BOX_ENTRY_BUG_REPORTS

BOX_ENTRY_FAQ

BOX_ENTRY_LIVE_DISCUSSIONS

BOX_ENTRY_CVS_REPOSITORY

BOX_ENTRY_INFORMATION_PORTAL

Now based on what I'm seeing I'm was assuming a certain file wasn't uploaded so I deleted the whole install and came to oscommerce and downloaded your version straight off the website. Same problem. Then I tried to install the template I wanted for this store thinking "just maybe" and sure enough the intial problem continues.

Any suggestions would be sooo helpful at this point.

Thank you.

Ok, I am familiar with this software as I have used it before, but this is the first time I have installed it myself. This script is an instant install with my hosting package and when I had it automatically installed the store shows up, but the entire admin area is non editable/customizable. Basically you click on certain links and the edit buttons and nothing happens. Also, this is what the nav links look like:

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_SITE

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_FORUMS

BOX_ENTRY_MAILING_LISTS

BOX_ENTRY_BUG_REPORTS

BOX_ENTRY_FAQ

BOX_ENTRY_LIVE_DISCUSSIONS

BOX_ENTRY_CVS_REPOSITORY

BOX_ENTRY_INFORMATION_PORTAL

Now based on what I'm seeing I'm was assuming a certain file wasn't uploaded so I deleted the whole install and came to oscommerce and downloaded your version straight off the website. Same problem. Then I tried to install the template I wanted for this store thinking "just maybe" and sure enough the intial problem continues.

Any suggestions would be sooo helpful at this point.

Thank you.

Can anyone help?

Can anyone help?

Hi teresa..

there are prompts stored in the languages/<language>.php folder. seems like either that file is missing of the file that causes the include is missing.. secondly how are the links showing up ? are they like FILENAME_xxxxxxxx_Xxxxxx something of that form ?

LEt me know.

Regards

Hari

Archived