• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for site improvment sugesstions that would attract more buyers

Hi,

We have had a OSC company site for 2 years now, we have constantly added contribs to help improve look, site design & functionality. Would any one be kind enough to make constructive suggestions to how we can improve our site.

All aspects considered:

pricing, design, functionality, security, ease of use. etc.

We have recently finished XML intregation to few of our suppliers which has allowed us to bring our pricing right down on a lot of our products. This has brought a lot more visitors. Our current main visitors come via Froogle/Base, shopmania brings few sales, & just started a adwords campaining in the last few weeks.

The only known issues we are currently aiming to improve are to get our hosters to move our site on to less loaded servers as it runs pretty slow at loading images sometimes. done a backup & we have a mirror site on free hoster which fly's through every click & page load. but then agian that doesn't have any security or SSL on that server as its free.

I'm curious to know from people who have cpanel & use awstats, on how many visitors & hits you guys get on average per month. we are getting around 10-15k unique visitors & 1million hits p/month. Is that good???

All comments welcomed & thanked for in advance.

Regards,

Indi

add supretrekker to analyse traffic.

Whats Your site URL.

oscommerce has many contributions and if your site has products You can get SEO to start liking You and driving some organic traffic.

site url needed for further comments.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hi,

so sorry im such a idoit. I went off on a tangent & forgot the most important thing the URL.

lol, it is www.isc-online.co.uk

Help much welcomed.

Best Regards,

Indi

add supretrekker to analyse traffic.

Whats Your site URL.

oscommerce has many contributions and if your site has products You can get SEO to start liking You and driving some organic traffic.

site url needed for further comments.

Satish

Do the following:

1)Add SEO-G or SEO ultimate.(THis will do a lot as You do have many categories and products)

Hopefully YOU have meta tags already there.

Also put all products contribution.

change YOur image folder name to something tht will improve your key word density and do follow image naming in suh a way that it has some key words.

Same with product name will help further.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived