• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

left sidebar navigation subcategory

reprieve

would like to know if it is possible to replicate in html / css what I see here:

http://edgecombpotters.com/Merchant2/merch...tegory_Code=GLS

am totally in love with this navigational setup in the left sidebar (cattree).

When you click on a category, the subcategories show (and stay there).

When you click on a different category, the new (relevant) subcategories show .....

(if you don't see what I'm talking about immediately, go to the home page www.edgecombpotters.com and click on SHOP link in the top menu)

Has anyone seen this type of left nav anywhere?

any and all responses would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

reprieve

you can do that in osc ... there just sub cats

Hi, socal_kl ~~~

Many thanks for the reply. Very much appreciated.

I don't have osc.

When I saw how the left nav worked, I wanted to find out more about it so I noted where the website is hosted. The webhoster says they use osCommerce, which why I came here. I've looked throughout the osCommerce forum, checking out varioius search topics for what I'm trying to describe, and I saw numerous contributions and other helpful posts. They all referenced php or a download or something. I may have missed finding any post/topic, or website/store that has or references this particular functionality in html / css ....

Has anyone come across this anywhere? Is it possible to do this w/o osc? I am not in a position to obtain osc, that's why I'm asking if anyone knows if it can be done with html/css .....

anyone?

reprieve

Well, first thing is to install OSC.

Then if you want to have a category list like that, head over to contributions and search for 'menu' or 'category' or both.

There are various contributions that you can install that will work so you need to dig around and see which one is easiest and best for you.

First stop, look at the blue 'Solutions' tab above, behind that is all the info you need.

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Well, first thing is to install OSC.

Then if you want to have a category list like that, head over to contributions and search for 'menu' or 'category' or both.

There are various contributions that you can install that will work so you need to dig around and see which one is easiest and best for you.

First stop, look at the blue 'Solutions' tab above, behind that is all the info you need.

Hi, digilee ~

Thank you for your reply, as well.

I must be missng something. How do I get OSC to install it?

TNX,

reprieve

There are 2 ways to install OSC.

1, Speak to your host. If they are a quality host they will give you 'Control panel' use. Within the CP you should be able to install OSC with no problems.

2, The other way is, as i said, look at the blue 'Solutions' tab above, there you will find documentation and the actual application itself.

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Good heavens !!! (slaps hand on forehead)

I really DID miss something. In all my looking around, I came straight to the forum (from a search on Google). Never did see the home page. OPEN SOURCE !!!!! Well, I guess I know what my next step is. :)

Gonna be busy for a bit ... thank you, both, socal_kl and digilee, (and everyone else onboard with osCommerce) ever SO MUCH !!!

I'll be in touch ....

reprieve

Archived