• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC V2.2 RC1

blr044

At the present time I am using OSC M2.2. Now just for your information, I do better with hands on training then reading. Looks like I can completely remove my store to a temp folder in case I have some trouble and need it back.

Looks like I can upload using FTP for ver RC1 and then run the install program. Now I have over 1300 products in my store. How or what's the easiest way importing that catalog into the new store? If I had only a few, I could reenter them.

Now there is oscommerce-3.0a4. Is that still in the beta stages?

What I can see, if you have a previous version to install oscommerce-3.0a4, you need to run each one, one at a time and make changes before moving on to next version.

Thanks.

blr044

Did upload rc1 by ftp and ran the install file. Not sure if that was right.

Then I copied BD backup into admin/backups/

Maybe I made a mistake on how to get my products into new store. Because I received a error after the restore action was completed. It is as following.

1146 - Table 'brussel_oscommerce2.administrators' doesn't exist

select id from administrators limit 1

[TEP STOP]

did I do something wrong?

blr044

Did upload rc1 by ftp and ran the install file. Not sure if that was right.

Then I copied BD backup into admin/backups/

Maybe I made a mistake on how to get my products into new store. Because I received a error after the restore action was completed. It is as following.

1146 - Table 'brussel_oscommerce2.administrators' doesn't exist

select id from administrators limit 1

[TEP STOP]

did I do something wrong?

blr044

I found post to get me a little further but now getting this error:

No administrators exist in the database table. Please fill in the following information to create the first administrator. (A manual login is still required after this step)

I have problem solved.

Since I have installed OSC M2.2 R2, I am curious about adding other contributions. I believe I read somewhere these contributions will not with the R version. Is this true or does it apply to the beta version 3.0?

Thanks.

blr044