• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping: Free or Jacked?

Arctic Fox

I drop ship items. I've always included the cost of shipping into the price of each item ($100-2000). Most of my competitors do the same and all our prices are about equal +/- $10. Sales have been slow this month.

Today I saw my same items selling on eBay with super low buy-now prices, but with a shipping charge separate from the winning bid - effectively bringing the total cost to equal mine. This person makes so many sales a month, so now I think it's time to steal his tactics.

I'd like to know what each of you do; do you include shipping in the price ("free delivery"), or do you show a price way lower than your competitors but jack up the shipping charges to compensate? I'm thinking next week I'm going to adapt this eBayer's idea to see how it goes.

I drop ship items. I've always included the cost of shipping into the price of each item ($100-2000). Most of my competitors do the same and all our prices are about equal +/- $10. Sales have been slow this month.

Today I saw my same items selling on eBay with super low buy-now prices, but with a shipping charge separate from the winning bid - effectively bringing the total cost to equal mine. This person makes so many sales a month, so now I think it's time to steal his tactics.

I'd like to know what each of you do; do you include shipping in the price ("free delivery"), or do you show a price way lower than your competitors but jack up the shipping charges to compensate? I'm thinking next week I'm going to adapt this eBayer's idea to see how it goes.

I have seen that on ebay, usually sellers in hongkong (I don't buy from them).

In this instance we are all in the US and only sell to North American continents. :)

It is not because they are in Hong Kong that I don't buy, I just don't like the tactic, but that's me.

Archived