• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Default language set, but still no result.

Hyrvao

My problem is that I set swedish language as default, but when I come into the site.. it's still english, no idea why.

I've changed the swedish and it works fine so I don't really see where the problem is.

Is there any other place I must change also? I've set currencies to swedish as default.

Thanks

Hyrvao

My problem is that I set swedish language as default, but when I come into the site.. it's still english, no idea why.

I've changed the swedish and it works fine so I don't really see where the problem is.

Is there any other place I must change also? I've set currencies to swedish as default.

Thanks

Hyrvao

Hi Hyrvao

Do one thing.. clode the window/browser refresh the session and try again.. i think it will work then.. cos the language is stored in the session variables i think you will need to recreate the session for the default language to chip in.

Hari

• 1 month later...

Ive been trying to find the same solution for days

Im not really sure what the default language setting is for because application_top.php tells it to get the browser language

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
  $lng->set_language($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']);
} else {
  $lng->get_browser_language();
}

So oyu need to change that code so it doesnt use the browser language but instead use the default language

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
} else {
  //$lng->get_browser_language();
  $languages_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from configuration where configuration_key='DEFAULT_LANGUAGE'");
  $defLan = tep_db_fetch_array($languages_query);
  $lng->set_language("$defLan");
}

Worked for me,

Hope it helps you out.

• 2 months later...
Ive been trying to find the same solution for days

Im not really sure what the default language setting is for because application_top.php tells it to get the browser language

} else {
   $lng->get_browser_language();
 }

So oyu need to change that code so it doesnt use the browser language but instead use the default language

} else {
   //$lng->get_browser_language();
   $languages_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from configuration where configuration_key='DEFAULT_LANGUAGE'");
   $defLan = tep_db_fetch_array($languages_query);
   $lng->set_language("$defLan");
 }

Worked for me,

Hope it helps you out.

Yep, I had the same problem, and this solution works for me. Thanks birddogsgarage!

• 4 weeks later...

This worked for me so well it sped up my server 3x. It is amazing how much faster it is now. I only realized this because I went through my /var/logs/httpd/error_log looking for other things.

Nice fix,

Mevdev

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

You do not need to retrieve the configuration constant "DEFAULT_LANGUAGE" by sql query. It is directly available and defined at this point in application_top.php.

Just do this:

if (isset($_GET['language']) && tep_not_null($_GET['language'])) {
      $lng->set_language($_GET['language']);
    } else {
      $lng->DEFAULT_LANGUAGE;
    }