• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order email send to wrong person

smash123

Hi everyone,

Do you have the same problem? My problem is after OSC receive order, it will send out order detail email to customer. Sometimes, it will send to wrong person. For example, customer A placed an order then OSC send out order detail email but sent to customer B not A.

Customer A account has correct email recorded in OSC customer detail.

My problem does not happen everytime. I think it it happen like once per 100 orders.

I will you will ask me what version of OSC I'm using. How do I check?

Thank you for your help

Hi everyone,

Do you have the same problem? My problem is after OSC receive order, it will send out order detail email to customer. Sometimes, it will send to wrong person. For example, customer A placed an order then OSC send out order detail email but sent to customer B not A.

Customer A account has correct email recorded in OSC customer detail.

My problem does not happen everytime. I think it it happen like once per 100 orders.

I will you will ask me what version of OSC I'm using. How do I check?

Thank you for your help

version will be in your admin on left top side, look in the bugs, this maybe a bug in your version

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone found and answer to this. This is a big problem and I am starting to see it in our store. Every now and again, a customer will make an order after a different customer and their confirmation is sent to the previous customer.

You can imagine that customers are confused and very concerned about their credit cards.

Help......

Are you on a shared server with cache turned on it the osc admin area?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived