• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

user not staying logged in

nikefido

I have working on a clients OSCommerce that I've been thrown Into:

I've noticed that most links pass the session ID via the osCsID in the URL in this site. However, most links are not passing this value, causing the user to be logged out.

This includes the Cart Contents (Shopping Cart) link! Everytime the shopping cart link is clicked, the cart loses all of it's items (goes back to zero items) - also due to the user no longer being logged in.

I was wondering if I can be pointed in the right direction as to where to start looking for this type of problem.

This site recently installed a SSL also....

In other installs of osCommerce I've seen, a session cookie is created storing the session ID, however this install does not seem to create it.

Again, where should I start looking for this problem?

Thanks!

The session problem was caused by the configure file, includes/configure.php, you must set the correct cookie path and cookie domain.

And I suggest that all the urls in your store must be generated by tep_href() function.

Everyone is changing the world.

Everyone is a world.

For everyone needs my help, PM or email if I amn't online.

The session problem was caused by the configure file, includes/configure.php, you must set the correct cookie path and cookie domain.

And I suggest that all the urls in your store must be generated by tep_href() function.

I beleive also the SSL has to be on the same machine, this was a issue before not sure if it was fixed.

Could you show me the contents of your configure.php file by PM.

Let me check if you set the SSL correctly.

Everyone is changing the world.

Everyone is a world.

For everyone needs my help, PM or email if I amn't online.

Could you show me the contents of your configure.php file by PM.

Let me check if you set the SSL correctly.

thanks for the help but it was a Configure.php problem - the IP address was being used instead of the "actual" address in both the admin and catalog config files. All sorted out now.

Archived