• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

X-SELL v2.3 problem - 1146 error - can someone help?

sitandspin

Hello,

I've installed X-Sell v2.3 for MS2 on RC2 modded with STS. That's a lot of acronyms. Everything went fine, installation seemed simple enough, but when I clicked on the Cross Sell Products in my admin, I was treated with this error.

"1146 - Table 'xxxxxxx_osc.TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL' doesn't exist

select p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name, p.products_id, x.products_id, x.xsell_id, x.sort_order, x.ID from products p, products_description pd, TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL x where x.xsell_id = p.products_id and x.products_id = "5" and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = "1" order by x.sort_order asc"

I've run the SQL file several times and still this error pops up. It always shows a product and gives that error even though I have not set any products up to cross sell. I have verified that the table does in fact exist. The table is empty. I'm stuck. Anyone else have this problem? If I delete the product associated with the error, it just populates with another product. I haven't tried removing all of my products, but it may come to that. It's a default installation and they're going sooner or later.

Thanks!

I used my brain and fixed the problem. Seems that the installation instructions included with the package omit one very important piece of information.

If you have this problem, make sure you add the following line to /admin/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL', 'products_xsell');

Yep, that fixed it.

Nice one.

Are you going to be nice and update the contribution X-Sell v2.3 with your fix?

Edited by geoffreywalton

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 2 months later...
I used my brain and fixed the problem. Seems that the installation instructions included with the package omit one very important piece of information.

If you have this problem, make sure you add the following line to /admin/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL', 'products_xsell');

Yep, that fixed it.

I had exactly the same problem and this fixed work. Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

• 5 years later...

I am having this same exact problem, but the fix isn't working for me. Any advice??

I'm also getting this error:

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) { echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600); } else { include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS); } 1327 - Undeclared variable: MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_tax_class_id, products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price from products_xsell xp left join products p on xp.xsell_id = p.products_id left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where xp.products_id = '64' and p.products_status = '1' order by sort_order asc limit MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL