• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Duplicate entries

kimm

Hi. I'm new here and first would like to thank everyone who worked on this program. I have a few strange issues that I have not found on the forum.

1. I have duplicate entries in the shipping/packaging area. "Enable Vendor Shipping" etc all show up twice.

2. Would it be best to turn off MVS for the products that I want to ship with USPS methods which include usps shipping insurance or try to merge MVS with USPS methods?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Hi. I'm new here and first would like to thank everyone who worked on this program. I have a few strange issues that I have not found on the forum.

1. I have duplicate entries in the shipping/packaging area. "Enable Vendor Shipping" etc all show up twice.

2. Would it be best to turn off MVS for the products that I want to ship with USPS methods which include usps shipping insurance or try to merge MVS with USPS methods?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

I sure hope someone helps you because I've got the exact same problem (maybe more) my shipping/packaging list looks like this:

Title Value Action

Enable Vendor Shipping false Info

Use Optional Confirmation Email false Info

When to send the Vendor Email Admin Info

I sure hope someone helps you because I've got the exact same problem (maybe more) my shipping/packaging list looks like this:

Title Value Action

Here's something interesting. When I right click on the "Info" on each line and obtain "properties" I get:

Enable vendor shipping:

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=200

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=197

Use optional confirmation email:

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=198

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=201

when to send vendor email:

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=199

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=202

Now, when I go to the file oscommerce/admin/configuration.php I find that it ENDS at line 171 !!! THERE ARE NO SUCH ENTRIES!!!

Here's something interesting. When I right click on the "Info" on each line and obtain "properties" I get:

Enable vendor shipping:

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=200

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=197

Use optional confirmation email:

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=198

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=201

when to send vendor email:

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=199

oscommerce/admin/configuration.php?gID=7&cID=202

Now, when I go to the file oscommerce/admin/configuration.php I find that it ENDS at line 171 !!! THERE ARE NO SUCH ENTRIES!!!

This data comes from the database.. and not a part of the configuration file.. It seems like you have run some configuration sql-script twice .. and hence it has inserted the data twice.. and when you select configuration group which has duplicate configuration options ( each duplicated twice ), itshows up in such a way.. you will have to go to the phpmyadmin and delete the duplicate entries.. or else.. you could try the following in the admin :

delete from configuration where configuration_id in (197,198,199);

that will fix the issue for you..

cheers

Hari

This data comes from the database.. and not a part of the configuration file.. It seems like you have run some configuration sql-script twice .. and hence it has inserted the data twice.. and when you select configuration group which has duplicate configuration options ( each duplicated twice ), itshows up in such a way.. you will have to go to the phpmyadmin and delete the duplicate entries.. or else.. you could try the following in the admin :

delete from configuration where configuration_id in (197,198,199);

that will fix the issue for you..

cheers

Hari

This fixed it for me (nea-esco). I went to mysql found duplicate entries within the configuration sql. Deleted them. Came back to admin, and the duplicated lines were gone.

Kimm I hope you try this too. Thanks much to Hari !!

Larry

Hey cool Enjoy !!

Good Luck and Have fun with new store ;) Dont forget to ping in if you find a issue later on ;)

Cheers Hari

NOTE: the same configurations_id may not work for all installs for Larry's case this worked out well ( he has displayed the duplicate entries ). else go to phpmyadmin

select * from configuration where configuration_groups_id = 7

find the duplicates and delete them manually.. if you find any issue dont forget to post in.

Cheers

Hari

I had the same problem, but it includes doubble of everythin within configuration.

I deleted sql db and renamed install folder and run install again with same result.

I ended up deleting both table conserning configuration and manualy run the sql statment from the sql file and set up tables and post again. No the duplicate is gone.

I downloaded RC2 yesterday, unpacked and uploaded then run install. with duplicate configuration in all configuration groups.

Maybe there is an issue in the installation script.