• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modules not showing up in new installs

TalonOne

I have just installed the latest download version of oscommerce and NONE of the modules show up in the admin.

I have scoured the forums here and tried every solution...perhaps too many at once?? Still no joy.

Is there not a comprehensive patch that simply solves this. I am using PHP 5.5....should I down grade to another version.??

Should I get an older version of OS??? Does someone have a step by step to solve this with the new version and PHP 5.5?? these store are in the infant stages so I could just about do anything THAT WOULD WORK.

HELP Please..

Thanks in advance for your time..

TalonOne

I have just installed the latest download version of oscommerce and NONE of the modules show up in the admin.

Strange. Try removing the @ sign in line 112 (surpresses warnings you might want to see this time) in admin/modules.php:

if ($dir = @dir($module_directory)) {

Strange. Try removing the @ sign in line 112 (surpresses warnings you might want to see this time) in admin/modules.php:

if ($dir = @dir($module_directory)) {

Ok I tried that...still no response.....just to be clear it does not even go to that page....the browser just sits there.......if I hit anything else on the menu it works fine.....

I have checked and rechecked my dirs in the configure.php files........HELP

Very Strange.....any advice appreciated.

Ok I tried that...still no response.....just to be clear it does not even go to that page....the browser just sits there.......if I hit anything else on the menu it works fine.....

Ever tried considering doing a "view source" in your browser to see where the links brings you? Or change the URL in the reactangular field in the top of your browser. You can actually do that you know. Then perhaps you will see something different, or the page you are looking for. All kinds of exciting things can happen when you experiment.

are you files under filemanager showing up? i had that same problem that none of the moduels payments options or files in file manager showing up ... ended up being that my admin/configure.php file was wrong. so maybe thats a probbibility to check out.

Weather you think you can, or you think you can't. Your right.

Ever tried considering doing a "view source" in your browser to see where the links brings you? Or change the URL in the reactangular field in the top of your browser. You can actually do that you know. Then perhaps you will see something different, or the page you are looking for. All kinds of exciting things can happen when you experiment.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><title></title></head><body></body></html>

Here is the output of that......I am fairly well versed in the tools at my disposal....however this is core code or permissions issues as the PHP never executes.

I have also tried installing the code on another machine.....PHP 4 and still the same result. Should I wipe it all out and try the newest RC???

are you files under filemanager showing up? i had that same problem that none of the moduels payments options or files in file manager showing up ... ended up being that my admin/configure.php file was wrong. so maybe thats a probbibility to check out.

Yes the file structure is as it should be....and I believe all of the folders have the right permissions.....777

Archived