• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please set the right user permissions on: /home/chri0697/public_html/osc/includes/languages/english/login.php

Hi Again,

Please can anyone help. I am begining to configure my pages. I wanted to look at changing the home page of the OsCommerce shop which I think/thought is through the Define Languages heading. When I click on the items I get these messages.

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/chri0697/public_html/osc/includes/languages/english/login.php

I have gone to my Web Control Panel and have ticked all the permissions but still get these messages? Can anyone help and am I doing it right if i want to change the front page anyway?

Also I have changed my banner to my company name yet it has changed the one at the bottom of the site and not the banner at the top - This still says osCommerce like the one at the top of this page.

Am I a complete Doofus can anyone help?

It is best to copy the files you want to edit onto your local pc using an ftp client like filezilla and editing it there before replacing it.

To find out how to do loads of basic things try the knowledge base.

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...sign_and_Layout

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived