• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sub Attributes

sewwhattom

I put this in the wrong place orignally. Actually ........ I was checking out the edit feature for this board ( I cant find it either, just not my day.)

Yes I am new and I have read around. I have seen something that come close to what this is, but have found no solution. I am wanting to add sub attributes. If someone selects product A with attribute 1 thats the end put it in the cart and go , but if someone selects product A with attribute 2 it asks if you want a or b. I dont know if that is clear to you-- sometimes I dont make sence to even myself.

Sorry if this a duplication of a question.

Any help would be appreciated. An also letting me know if I cannot find and easy answer will help also.

tom

I think I sort of understand what you are saying - I have something like it working in one of our carts, not as a sub-attribute, but as an attribute that you only get to choose if you select something else. Kind of like Shoes Size 8 come only in black, but size 9 come in black or red, yes?

The way I handled it is to code Javascript into that particular option tag that turns an extra layer on and off that has the extra choice on it. Does that make sense?

Even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room.

I think I sort of understand what you are saying - I have something like it working in one of our carts, not as a sub-attribute, but as an attribute that you only get to choose if you select something else. Kind of like Shoes Size 8 come only in black, but size 9 come in black or red, yes?

The way I handled it is to code Javascript into that particular option tag that turns an extra layer on and off that has the extra choice on it. Does that make sense?

Yea that sounds about right. Some of my item attributes need no further selections but some do. Where is a good place to start ? I am just getting up to speed on this stuff.

Look at product_info.php - that's where the attributes are displayed - the last part of the call for each attribute is where the optional stuff like javascript calls go. You want to catch the attributes based on their name or id (I did it based on id).

Even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room.

Look at product_info.php - that's where the attributes are displayed - the last part of the call for each attribute is where the optional stuff like javascript calls go. You want to catch the attributes based on their name or id (I did it based on id).

Thanks I'll look there.

Archived