• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding HTML form to product description

Wonderweb Design

Hi everyone. Im building a tickets website at www.findutickets.com and need to gather extra information regarding the requirements of each customer in the product description. Ive placed an example at http://findutickets.com/ticket_shop/produc...products_id=141 the only problem is when i click the submit button it trys to add the product to my cart instead of calling and running the script to submit the form. Any ideas how to make this work? Cheers.

sure, and you'll like how easy it is.

Rigth now, the form for the add to cart is started at the very top of the body part of your page. shift the form start down to the tr tag where the button lines begin.

This is due to nested forms, they will not work ... so you have to detangle the forms so they come after each other.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

sure, and you'll like how easy it is.

Rigth now, the form for the add to cart is started at the very top of the body part of your page. shift the form start down to the tr tag where the button lines begin.

This is due to nested forms, they will not work ... so you have to detangle the forms so they come after each other.

great thank you so much for your help

find this and remove it from where it is now

<?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product')); ?>

copy it to the spot right after the products_description is displayed in product_info.php

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived