• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help please i have been trying for 4 months to get it working

antkel23

hi guys i really need some help. (its driving me nuts)

my host offers cpanel... i installed oscommerce fro that over 20 times... trying different things and all blank pages occur when i load the store link or the admin link.... with some complaining and only riddles for answers the last install finally came up with and error rather then a blank page... below is my resent correspondence with my host provider (everything before this was riddles or non responses to my blank page installs)

Hey there!

The globals issue may in fact solve many problems you may experience. Its

a common issue.

I'm hoping that it has solved your issues.

Thanks

Biloka Online

> Hiya.

>

> Thanks thats no probs.

>

> Will this solve the oscommerce installation issue you think?

>

> Thanks again

> Kelly (antkel23.com)

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 3:21 PM

> Subject: Re: update to my oscommerce problems

>

>

>> Hey there!

>>

>> Yes we sneakily moved your account to a new server to increase your

>> speeds.

>>

>> Globals will be set on shortly.

>>

>> Expect the site to be operational as per usual shortly.

>>

>> Thanks

>>

>>> hi,

>>>

>>> i'm actually getting an error message instead of a blankpage when i go to

>>> my

>>> installed oscommerce store front at http://antkel23.com/eStore/ the

>>> error

>>> is "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP

>>> configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file

>>> or

>>> in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory."

>>>

>>> thank you

>>> kelly

>>> antkel23.com

i'v tried asking what the mysql access user and passowrd is but no answers...

to be honest i have spent money on oscommerce templates and i have a business which is now 5 months behind... all i want is to install and move forward.

can anyone offer me and install solution i can do manually without knowing any access for mysql etc (i.e: install into folders and work from there or use a bypass)

i have been trying this for 4 months and email after email and install after install with tweaks suggested by other forums and nothing works... :'(

please can someone help me out??? >_< :'(

thanks in advance guys

kel

5. Then go to http://www.yourdomain.com/install and begin the install procedure. Your DB Server will probably be 'localhost', your db user name and password (for mysql access) will have been provided to you by your web hosting company. The name of the database you already know - because you just set it up. Do not enable SSL, elect to store sessions in the database and not files (untick the box), and do not enable persistent connections.

thats what i meant :( i cant do this step as my web hosting company have simply not answered to my 3 requests for it... but answer other emails... so they are simply avoiding it i guess.. :(

i think i get it now... after all that they probably wernt replying because i'm such and idiot... will post back if th install works.. thanks for the reply though...

will post back in about and hour..

cheers for now guys

kel

or am i being completly darfed... :blush:

does this mean the username and password i use to enter the cpanel etc area? or is there a specific one for mysql access??

No, go to phpmyadmin and create the database, in the process, select a username and password. This is what you need for the osc installation when it asks for a username and password for the database.

i am sooo sorry for bothering you guys... its like a lightbulb switched on... after 4 months i worked it out... i was being a doofus... cheers anyway guys... good luck with your ventures... i'll keep active in the forum and help out as much as i can... (no doubt you'll be hearing stupid questions from me again lol :blush:

i am sooo sorry for bothering you guys... its like a lightbulb switched on... after 4 months i worked it out... i was being a doofus... cheers anyway guys... good luck with your ventures... i'll keep active in the forum and help out as much as i can... (no doubt you'll be hearing stupid questions from me again lol :blush:

HIYA!!

hehe, don't feel bad, I have had many sleepless nights trying to even figure out what SQL and PHP even meant.... until now. I have worked on so many bugs on my store and now it's finely going smoothly and I am adding my products.

I never thought I would ever learn to do this, there is alot of common sense involved with the parts a novice does not understand and alot of searching on this forum. If you are lucky you will get a real nice person like I did to help me with my issues!

Good Luck with your store! it is fun building it once everything works! HAHA :lol:

~Annissë

It is fun building it once everything works! HAHA :lol:

~Annissë

I wouldn't say that if was fun, but I will let you know when it is finished.

I wouldn't say that if was fun, but I will let you know when it is finished.

yeah, I guess it is fun for a little while until you start falling asleep at the keyboard inputing product after product and realize you need 1000 more to go :blink:

~A

just to let everyone know!!

this Easy Populate Version 2.76f-MS2 is the best thing since sliced bread!!

all in all, it took the best part of an hour to read the instructions (which is highly recomended) install the contribution, download what i had manualy entered through the Admin pannel, add the rest of the items in Excel and then re-upload the new and compleate database as a CSV and guess what

" its all working great "

thank you very very much for this Contribution it makes life a lot easyer

just to let everyone know!!

this Easy Populate Version 2.76f-MS2 is the best thing since sliced bread!!

all in all, it took the best part of an hour to read the instructions (which is highly recomended) install the contribution, download what i had manualy entered through the Admin pannel, add the rest of the items in Excel and then re-upload the new and compleate database as a CSV and guess what

" its all working great "

thank you very very much for this Contribution it makes life a lot easyer

That sounds right up my alley! That is exactly what I need!

Thank you for the advice!

~A

OSCommerce is the best thing since boxed icecream! It is free, highly customizable, works flawlessly, and these forums are better than several paid support plans I've dealt with in different ventures.

I am still learning a lot about customizing my site, but usually a good search in the contributions area has what I need! One contrib that I think is awesome is the PWA (Pay without account) feature. It allows customers to buy from you without the hassle of creating an account if they choose!

Archived