• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Template Issues

GV7486

How's it going people?

I downloaded an osCommerce Template from http://www.templateworld.com and I've had trouble from the beginning. I was unable to do the Web installation for the template with osCommerce by uploading it to FTP and trying to run the www.mysite.com/install procedure. I then went ahead and erased what I had done and installed osCommerce using the Fantastico installer provided by my web host service. By the way, I'm using www.infernohost.net. I'm doing all this just to experiment and to gain some experience before I dive in and get something serious started but I need some help getting started.

Well, osCommerce is installed and I have the default setup of osCommerce showing. How do I go about installing the Web Template from TemplateWorld? Should I just edit every .php file? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

GV

yeah.....I could try STS but I would like to give php a try

If you read the forum rules, you would know that templates downloaded from other sources are not

supported here.

php has nothing to do with a template, it is there, in your face, learn to deal with it.

Coopco......you're not very helpful, geez........How does php have NOTHING to do with it?

hi

i had the same problem. best thing to do is dish the template world template. Upload oscommerce onto your site. Then...look inyour template world folders and change the template world css stylesheet with the sts template style sheet just overwrite them. Then use all the other mods and images in there by overwriting these in the sts template.

easy! By the way do this through an ftp programme its safer and quicker :thumbsup:

good luck

Archived