• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My oscommerce is not picking up the english.php

johnduo0007

try creating a new one instead of changing then delete the former.

Hi Chipshot, I just tried that and nothing happened. My template came only in english so I added german and spanish. I have changed the "categories" to wine region and it jus doesn't change. what else can it be. its driving me crazy >_<

Hi Chipshot, I just tried that and nothing happened. My template came only in english so I added german and spanish. I have changed the "categories" to wine region and it jus doesn't change. what else can it be. its driving me crazy >_<

Don't know about templates, but is there another english.php file somewhere?

Don't know about templates, but is there another english.php file somewhere?

I deleted my english.php to see if it was even picking it up and I clicked refresh and nothing came up, so I think english.php is relevant. Then I uploaded the english.php back to my server and then the homepage returned. So It is reading it. Some text changes when you hit the other languages, but the categories title and other stuff it's not listening to neither english.php or german.php or spanish.php. I did delete the install folder and there is a warning sign on top of my page which reads:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /httpdocs/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Anyway, I can't figure this out! :angry:

are you using cache if so clear out the cache..

and set the permissions in configure back to 644.

Hi chipshot, I figured it out. It was in the header.php. The category title was in raw HTML. Gosh I feel so silly. all along I was looking at column_left.php. But it was in header.php.

Anyway, Thanks so much for the trying to help me :thumbsup:

Archived