• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Three Warnings When starting osc

Hope someone who know PHP sees this:

I attempted to start osc a few minutes ago and got the following error(s):

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32102 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /home2/afmuseum/public_html/osc/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 148

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/afmuseum/public_html/osc/includes/functions/sessions.php:148) in /home2/afmuseum/public_html/osc/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home2/afmuseum/public_html/osc/includes/functions/sessions.php:148) in /home2/afmuseum/public_html/osc/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

If anyone: 1) knows what these errors mean, and more importantly, 2) know what I need to do to fix them, I would really appreciate it. Consider this a call for help!!

I'll take an email or phone help - 318.949.4342 (if anyone that can help is where near Shreveport, Louisiana).

TIA,

Dave

If I remember correctly you need to change the session save directory path from /tmp to just tmp

You do this in oscommerce admin.

Robert,

Thanks for answering so quickly - - however,

If I remember correctly you need to change the session save directory path from /tmp to just tmp

You do this in oscommerce admin.

Where in osc admin? What file? I can get into osc.administration, then Tools/Define Languages, but I'm stuck at that point. Again, any specific help will be greatly appreciated.

And maybe equally important, what could have caused these error messages?

Dave

admin>configuration>sessions

But to be honest these forums are not here to answer questions about the well documented functions of the admin panel.

Problem caused by .. your version of PHP4 and it being in "SAFE MODE", I think.

Archived